Mount Stewart Junior School prides itself in being an outstanding school. We are a community of children, staff, parents and governors. The school provides a caring and friendly atmosphere to ensure that your child will have a happy and fulfilling all round education.
THE AIMS OF MOUNT STEWART JUNIOR SCHOOL
1. To provide a challenging, yet supportive environment to stimulate, maintain and develop, a lively enquiring mind.
2. To encourage all pupils to reach their true potential and eventually become independent learners who value learning with and from others, i.e. have a positive attitude to life-long learning.
3. To value application, perseverance, initiative and independence of thought and action, as well as co-operative endeavours.
4. To develop in pupils a sense of moral values which can form a framework for a sense of own worth, and relationships with others, so become responsible members of society.
5. To develop in pupils a positive attitude towards themselves and others with a strong sense of self respect. Also to develop a sense of respect for other peoples’ property, ideas and beliefs irrespective of gender, race, disability or academic achievements, etc.
6. To appreciate human achievements, failures and aspirations.
7. To develop positive attitudes towards and concern for the environment.
1. To offer a broad based curriculum in order to facilitate the acquisition of knowledge, promote enjoyment in learning, and to provide knowledge and skills to equip students for work and leisure as active, confident and responsible members of a rapidly developing society.
1. To develop a school community which affords equal value to all its members, is seen to be just and encourages mutual respect, concern for others and truthfulness.
2. To foster close relationships between the school the pupils’ homes and the local community.
These aims have guided the construction of our schemes of work and various school policies.